Roe Sie fell in love with milling his own grains after he fell down the homesteading rabbit hole. His passion manifested into The King’s Roost, a homesteading shop, grain mill, and classroom on Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles, CA.
This week’s podcast features a nerd-factor-five conversation with Roe, the ever-curious urban homesteader. We chat about all things grains: home grain milling, bread baking tools, and other cool things you can do when you have a mill at home.
Our chat covers chicken keeping exploits, bread making, classes offered at the King’s Roost, and so much more. Listen in and learn a ton.
Subscribe to the Gardenerd Tip of the Week Podcast on Apple Podcast or wherever you stream. Consider becoming a Patreon Subscriber for insider info, behind the scenes videos, and expedited answers to your burning questions.
Resources for Grain Milling & More
Here are links to cool stuff we talked about during the podcast:
- Follow The King’s Roost on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Watch videos on the King’s Roost YouTube channel
- Get a Mill for milling grains at home through The King’s Roost
- Visit The King’s Roost via Google Maps.
- Local Angelinos – join the wholesale bulk grain purchasing program
- Check out Roe’s Boston class info and connect for future classes. Be sure to scroll down and watch the great video.
- See our post about the Mockmill grain mill.