Our latest guest on the Gardenerd Tip of the Week Podcast is Nate Looney, owner of Westside Urban Gardens. Nate is business-savvy army veteran who offers consultation services for controlled environment growing operations (read: hydroponics and aquaponics).
We chat about his journey from being a military police officer, to growing microgreens for restaurants and farmers markets. In addition, Nate shares his tricks for growing great microgreens at home. He also breaks down the basics of hydroponic and aquaponic growing systems.
Nate Looney’s Resources
- Visit Nate Looney’s website WestsideUrbs.com to learn more about Westside Urban Gardens.
- Learn more about the Farmer Veteran Coalition.
- Ouroboros Aquaponics Farms – where Nate interned
- Check out the Veterans to Farmers Training Program.
- Follow Nate’s Instagram feed here.
- Join Westside Urban Garden’s Facebook Page here.
- And Nate’s Twitter feed.