In this issue:
- September in the Garden – Fallready?
- Podcast: Sustainable Gardening Resources with Lois de Vries
- Gardenerd Tip of the Month: Fall Planning Guide
- Gardenerd Product of the Month: Online Pest Control Course
1. September in the Garden – Fallready?
Autumn Equinox begins Saturday. It’s hard to believe summer is over, but as pumpkin-spiced-everything takes over, fall has officially arrived. I just returned from the Heirloom Expo and am feeling motivated! Let’s get ready for a great fall growing season.
This month in the Test Garden, we’re harvesting pumpkins and winter squash, and pulling spent crops to make room for fall. It’s time to prep beds for fall planting. Watch this video for step by step instructions. We’re starting seeds for brassicas, parsley, celeriac and other cool season crops. Nervous about growing from seed? Watch our video on how to do it.
In this newsletter, you’ll find our latest podcast with reliable resources for sustainable gardening. And check out our fall planting guide to get started. Fall is my favorite growing season – fewer pests, tasty veggies, and rain! I hope you’ll join me for your best growing season yet.
2. Podcast: Sustainable Gardening Resources with Lois de Vries
Our latest podcast is all about finding the most accurate, reliable resources for your sustainable garden. Listen in to our conversation with Lois de Vries.
3. Gardenerd Tip of the Month – Fall Planning Guide
Fall offers the best growing conditions for many tasty vegetables and herbs. Plant your garden with greens, brassicas, root veggies and more. Here’s our annual fall planting guide. Watch the video and read the list of favorites to include in your garden.
4. Gardenerd Product of the Month – Creating a Healthy Garden Pest Control Course
Got Pests? Fall is a great time to learn how to manage them. Our online course on pest control, Creating a Healthy Garden, is ready when you need it. Learn the best pest control tips all in one place. Lifetime access available with two pricing options. Sign up today!
Stay tuned for more tips and tidbits from Gardenerd.com. It’s fallready, so let’s get growing!
Search our archives here.