In this issue:
- May in the Garden
- YouTube: How to Manage Grasshoppers in Your Garden
- Gardenerd Tip of the Month: Free Webinar & Pest Control Course
- Gardenerd Product of the Month: Garden Variety – Perfect Spring/Summer Reading!
1. May in the Garden – Pests, Knowledge and Support
There’s so much going on in May. The garden is jumping to life, the phone is ringing off the hook with people just realizing it’s time to plant a garden (call me in February folks!), and there’s a lot of buzz around our online pest control course. May is spring in full swing. Whether you are just planting now, or are already harvesting, it’s GAME ON!
In the Test Garden this month, sweet corn is stretching toward the sky, beans and cucumbers are grabbing their trellises, and tomato flowers are open (hint: time to fertilize). We’re harvesting blackberries, lettuces, spinach, arugula, dill, cilantro, strawberries, and the last of the oranges. Nectarines and apples are developing nicely (time to feed them if you haven’t this month), and our watermelon and squash sprouts are filling out their raised beds. Pests of all sorts have started to show up. Time to set rat traps again, too.
In this newsletter, you’ll find our latest YouTube Video on managing grasshoppers, and details about Creating a Healthy Garden – our online pest control course. Also our last webinar on Winning the Pest Control Game is coming up on June 1st. See below for details.
2. YouTube: How to Manage Grasshoppers in Your Garden
Our latest video explains different ways to manage grasshopper infestations. Start early and get ahead of the problem before it takes over. Watch here:
3. Gardenerd Tip of the Month – Limited Time – Online Pest Control Course Registration
Earlier this week we announced that doors are open to register for Creating a Healthy Garden our knowledge-packed online pest control course. Registration closes June 2nd, so grab your seat while you can.
- Do you see signs of damage on your plants already this spring? We’ve got you covered! Learn our step-by-step process for finding the solutions to any pest issue.
- Do vermin get your veggies and fruits before you can? Learn how to protect your crops and reduce populations of critters to create balance. Get the knowledge and support you need.
Still on the fence? Join our final free webinar, Winning the Pest Control Game on June 1st to learn more and get a sampling of what you’ll learn inside Creating a Healthy Garden.
4. Gardenerd Product of the Month – Garden Variety – Autographed Copies Available!
Garden Variety is the perfect choice for spring and summer vacation reading, garden clubs, book clubs, and gifts. Available in paperback, CD, and audiobook anywhere books are sold. Order from your favorite bookseller (and get autographed copies direct from Gardenerd), or come to a book signing event (details may change based on pandemic restrictions).
Stay tuned for more tips and tidbits from Gardenerd.com. Let us help you with the knowledge and support you need this season!
Search our archives here.