Get Christy's Top 5 Successful Organic Gardening Tips FREE!
TagsAsk Gardenerd Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds beekeeping Bees Bounty Hunter chicken keeping compost design Edible gardening event events Fall Field Trip flowers garden garden design Gardenerd Gardening Garden nerd garlic Harvest harvesting Harvesting Tips Insects kale Mar Vista's Bounty Hunter Mar Vista Farmers' Market Monarch butterflies pest control recipe Recipes saving seeds soil spring spring garden Tips tomatoes Tools Tour Veggies Where's Gardenerd Winter Wordless Wednesday YouTube
- Ask Gardenerd: Squash Vine Borers
- Essential Plants for a Great Butterfly Garden
- New 400+ Tips Gardening Book for Summer!
- Recipe: Blackberry Jam
- Wordless Wednesday: Gardening for a Healthy Planet
- Guess What! Tree Kale Does Go to Seed
- Being Prepared
- Design: Vertical Patio Garden Delight
- Ask Gardenerd: Protecting Blackberries
- Benefits Of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
When you make sourdough bread you have to feed your starter, and before you can feed your starter, you are supposed to throw away a cup of starter from the jar. Sound wasteful? It is. So every bread maker searches … Continue reading
While you rarely hear the word “crumpet” in common parlance these days, they are as tasty as they were in the Middle Ages (or more so, I’ll wager). Similar to English muffins, crumpets are thick pancakes cooked on a griddle. … Continue reading
I’ve been making bread for 25 years, but I’ve always been afraid of sourdough starter. Pretty sure I would kill it from neglect, so I limited myself to packaged yeast…until yesterday. Maybe it’s a New Year’s Resolution. Maybe it’s courage, … Continue reading