Get Christy's Top 5 Successful Organic Gardening Tips FREE!
TagsAsk Gardenerd Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds beekeeping Bees Bounty Hunter chicken keeping compost design Edible gardening event events Fall Field Trip flowers garden garden design Gardenerd Gardening Garden nerd garlic Harvest harvesting Harvesting Tips Insects kale Mar Vista's Bounty Hunter Mar Vista Farmers' Market Monarch butterflies pest control pollinators recipe Recipes saving seeds soil spring garden Tips tomatoes Tools Tour Veggies Where's Gardenerd Winter Wordless Wednesday YouTube
- Review: Soil Summit 2.0 – Terroir
- Wordless Wednesday: The Waning Garden
- Recipe: Amaranth Torta from Qachuu Aloom
- Recipe: Penne with Poblano Chiles, Corn and Cilantro Cream
- Review: The Garden Seed Savers Guide by Jill Henderson
- Gardenerd’s 1st YouTube Live Thursday!
- Ask Gardenerd: When to Water?
- YouTube: Vegetables and Fruits for Bees
- Tomato Worms, Flies, and Flower Drop – Oh, My!
When you make sourdough bread you have to feed your starter, and before you can feed your starter, you are supposed to throw away a cup of starter from the jar. Sound wasteful? It is. So every bread maker searches … Continue reading
While you rarely hear the word “crumpet” in common parlance these days, they are as tasty as they were in the Middle Ages (or more so, I’ll wager). Similar to English muffins, crumpets are thick pancakes cooked on a griddle. … Continue reading
I’ve been making bread for 25 years, but I’ve always been afraid of sourdough starter. Pretty sure I would kill it from neglect, so I limited myself to packaged yeast…until yesterday. Maybe it’s a New Year’s Resolution. Maybe it’s courage, … Continue reading