Get Christy's Top 5 Successful Organic Gardening Tips FREE!
TagsAsk Gardenerd Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds beekeeping Bees Bounty Hunter chicken keeping compost design Edible gardening event events Fall Field Trip flowers garden garden design Gardenerd Gardening Garden nerd garlic Harvest harvesting Harvesting Tips Insects kale Mar Vista's Bounty Hunter Mar Vista Farmers' Market Monarch butterflies pest control recipe Recipes saving seeds soil spring spring garden Tips tomatoes Tools Tour Veggies Where's Gardenerd Winter Wordless Wednesday YouTube
- Ask Gardenerd: Squash Vine Borers
- Essential Plants for a Great Butterfly Garden
- New 400+ Tips Gardening Book for Summer!
- Recipe: Blackberry Jam
- Wordless Wednesday: Gardening for a Healthy Planet
- Guess What! Tree Kale Does Go to Seed
- Being Prepared
- Design: Vertical Patio Garden Delight
- Ask Gardenerd: Protecting Blackberries
- Benefits Of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
In a small-space garden, the beds aren’t always ready when it’s time to plant new crops in the ground, so if we start seeds in flats, we close the gap between pulling winter crops and planting spring/summer crops. Every year … Continue reading
It’s harvest time, and while most of the harvest is abundant (corn, peppers, beans, eggplant), there were some smaller harvests–including the world’s smallest watermelon. Let’s not call it “disappointing” but rather a celebration of underwhelm. We planted baby watermelons (okay, … Continue reading